Questions, Questions, Questions!
Here is a collection of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), answered for your convenience. If you’re wondering about something not yet replied to, please contact me! Included currently:
- Who designed the place?
- What is that font?
- How do I sign up for your newsletter and how often can I expect it in my inbox?
- How is my personal information treated?
- Do you collaborate with others?
- How does the shop work, is it secure?
- What’s up with the VAT stuff going on?
- Are you available for speaking at public events and such?
- Are you a doctor?
- Is your business legal?
Question 1: Who designed the place?
Yay, that’s a fantastic one to start from!
- The platform is WordPress and the framework is Genesis.
- The child theme is Antler & Rose, designed by dinosaur stew.
- I have added various plugins to increase the range of features.
- The shopping cart portion of the website is a plugin called WooCommerce, which was chosen partly due to another VAT MOSS plugin to make it considerably easier to sell to EU customers, as it comes with built-in VAT percentages. Those vary greatly from EU country to another and otherwise you have to enter everything manually (and stay updated constantly). Antler & Rose was purchased as e-commerce ready, but I had to buy an extension by the designer to add the shop functionality.
Question 2: What is that font?
I’m using several, which I’ve changed from the default typefaces part of the child theme:
- The paragraph and widget texts in sans serif are Montserrat by Julieta Ulanovsky. I’m using Light and Semi Bold.
- The italicised serif typeface used in headings and images is Lora by Cyreal.
- On Instagram in my quotes, I’m also using a script typeface called Willona by COB.
My fall-back typefaces are Verdana for Montserrat and Bookman Old Style for Lora. iOS in particular seems to have troubles picking up the correct ones at times.
Question 3: How do I sign up for your newsletter and how often can I expect it in my inbox?
Please use any of the sign-up forms scattered around the website, or the dedicated newsletter page, and I’ll happily send something to you straight away! You will hear from me more often than once monthly and less frequently than once weekly under normal circumstances. If I stumble upon something time-sensitive, which I think you would enjoy or find useful, I’ll make an exception to this “rule”. However, we’re busy people with limited time to digest all the information bombarding us constantly, and I don’t want to add to the clutter.
Question 4: How is my personal information treated?
Question 5: Do you collaborate with others?
I’m interested in guest posting in both directions, as long as you promote a similar kind of lifestyle with similar values. Please check my blog categories for a general vibe of who I am and what I stand for. I’m particularly strict before endorsing products or services by others, and usually prefer things I’m using myself. Please use the Contact page to get in touch. At the time being, I’m not interested in having any advertisements placed on my website, but thank you for your interest.
Question 6: How does the shop work, is it secure?
My website shop is made possible by WooCommerce, a WordPress plugin. Payment happens via PayPal, a secure online payment system. You can have a PayPal account or use express checkout for a one-time purchase through them. I will never see your credit-card details, but PayPal will.
Question 7: What’s up with the VAT stuff going on?
I’m selling digital products (e-courses are also digital products), so I have to collect VAT from EU customers. PayPal registers on my behalf your billing and shipping address information, and I have to store it for ten years according to the fairly new (1.1.2015) law. The VAT percentage depends on your country of residence, as opposed to when selling and buying physical products, in which case it would be my location that would determine said percentage.
In the case of coaching, the VAT percentage (24%) on my service is also based on my rather than your location.
Are you residing outside of the EU? Non-EU customers will be exempt from VAT altogether, and the price is adjusted accordingly.
Question 8: Are you available for speaking at public events and such?
While frankly the thought of public speaking turns my legs into spaghetti, I believe my message is important enough to be shared with others, so yes, I’m available as long as the event is aligned with my values and mission. Please drop me a line!
Question 9: Are you a doctor?
No. While I talk about science and medicine, and do have a Master’s degree in biochemistry, I didn’t finish my medical studies (see About) and therefore am not claiming to offer any sort of medical advice either. Consult your own doctor or other healthcare professional if you need such help, please.
Question 10: Is your business legal?
Yes, of course! My VAT number for Charites is FI24463800.
Didn’t find the question here? Please contact me with a suggestion, or at least to receive a reply.
Last edited: 26 August 2019.